In December 1961, the Preparatory Commission on Lay Apostolate sent out a proposed calendar of work for 1962.
Although not signed, it is very probable that the document was sent by the commission secretary, Mgr Achille Glorieux.
It read as follows:
The Commission will hold two more Plenary Sessions at the beginning of 1962. In fixing the dates, we have tried to meet the preferences of Our Lords the Bishops; but above all we were obliged to take into account two circumstances – degree of advancement of our work and meetings of the Central Commission at that time; which led us to fix these Sessions on the following dates:
from Wednesday 24 to Wednesday 31 January and from Wednesday 4 to Wednesday 11 April
Between now and these dates, here is how the Commission will work:
1) The 2° & 3° Sub-Commissions have practically completed their work; they will finalize the texts based on the suggestions heard, in particular during the Thursday morning session.
2) As for the 1st Sub-Commission, it still has a lot to do. One of the purposes of the additional meeting on Saturday afternoon is precisely to clarify how the remaining work can be completed. It will then be necessary to coordinate between them the texts of the three Sub-Commissions.
3) The essence of the Session at the end of January will be to present in plenary session the texts of the 1st Sub-Commission and the initial results of the coordination work.
4) The comments gathered at this time will be used to prepare a general draft, which will be proposed as final. This will be sent to all Members and Consultors, to gather their latest comments, from which a definitive text will be established.
5) The April Session will be devoted exclusively to voting on this text.
Achille Glorieux, Les prochaines réunions (Joseph Cardijn Digital Library)
Achille Glorieux, Coming meetings (Joseph Cardijn Digital Library)